Gold plated vs Gold filled?
Gold plated is a plating or dipping process of 14,18 or 24 karat (k) gold over an alloy as a best metal. The base metal could be titanium, brass, copper, or sterling silver. Gold plating is hypoallergenic; however it depends on the base metal. In our product description, items are marked hypoallergenic, if applicable. With the right care, gold plated jewelry can last 2+ years without tarnishing.
Gold filled is a permanent bonding process of real gold over sterling silver. This process guarantees a non-tarnish and hypoallergenic item. In order for an item to be gold filled, it must contain at least 5% of REAL gold. So pretty much this is the next best thing to real gold!
How do I care for my jewelry?
The best way to take care for your jewelry:
- Apply your perfume and lotion before putting your jewelry on
- Avoid water
- Clean as needed with a soft/smooth cloth
What does hypoallergenic mean?
Hypoallergenic means you have a very low chance of having an allergic reaction, it doesn't guarantee you won't be allergic, especially if you have very sensitive skin.
Please note, majority of our jewelry is hypoallergenic, nickel and led free.
How is Details sustainable?
- We choose to use paper products when at all possible
- We partner with oversees artisans who handcraft jewelry
- We partner with manufactures and vendors that create long lasting items
- We curate our product selection to be just enough instead of an endless aisle assortment
We care about the earth and the people in it.
We want to be apart of the change and know it starts with the Details.